TRANSLATE

Thursday 31 July 2014

SAMPLE - RESIGNATION LETTER DUE TO NON-PROMOTION

Your Name
Title
Street Address
Contact Number
Date
Recipient Name
Title
Company Name
City address.

Dear Recipient Name,

Please consider this as my resignation, effective at once. I am writing to you rather than to the new financial vice president because I want you to know exactly how I feel.

You will recall that during the five years that I have been on your staff, I have had offers from several companies, all of which promised better compensation and greater responsibilities. On each occasion, I discussed the situation with you and you gave me reason to believe that I would replace you, if and when you moved up. I confess that you did not actually say, “You’re the next financial vice president, John,” but that is the distinct impression I got from our conversations.

Your promotion to treasurer of the corporation came as no surprise; certainly, no one is better qualified than you are for that position. The genuine surprise was that instead of choosing one of your three department managers to replace you, you selected an individual from outside the company. I cannot accept your reasoning that we’re indispensable in our present jobs; this would mean that a person can be penalized for doing too good a job. Clearly, this would mean that I can have no hopes for promotion here.

I leave (Company name) with many pleasant memories; the experience has been rewarding in many ways. Under the circumstances, however, I’m certain you will fully understand the reason for my decision.


Sincerely,

Your Name
Title

No comments:

Post a Comment